cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant Maintence movement type modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guru,

in plant maintenance modul the consumption of parts is done via movement type 261 instead of 261K. That couses us booking problem as movement 261 makes stock and not cost.how can the 261K mvt type be set as a basic movement type in case of cunsume parts transaction?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ryan,

The standard movement type for PM/CS Orders is 261. This issues the stock from the warehouse to the order (and also costs).

As far as I am aware, you cannot use 261K from within a PM/CS Order.

What are you trying to do here???

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my i ask how could i check if my material is for consignement use?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your scenario???

Regards

Chandru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pete,

Is there any documentation on what you have answer to me in SAP? need it, please provide me some.

By Pete --- The standard movement type for PM/CS Orders is 261. This issues the stock from the warehouse to the order (and also costs).

As far as I am aware, you cannot use 261K from within a PM/CS Order.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client make a MB1A with reference to a work order in PM this is for Consignment of spare parts, he includes the material and when check the material document created movement type is 261, he expected since it is a consignment stocks they expect it must be 261K.

then we ask us if he can make custmozing for this as 261K is the default value of movement when consignment is been done in MB1A. how it will be done? is this possible in plant maintenance?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

See SAP defines two types of material issue for the work orders

1) Stock material - Which is already stocked in your ware houes.

2) Non Stock material - This material is not in stock & you will procure this as & when you required.

For stock material, PR & PO are generated based on Re-order Level set in the MRP view of material masters & This material issued against the Reservation of material generated from PM orders. This materials issued to order using 261 Movement type.

Non Stock mater the PR & PO are generated from PM order only when we update the material in component tab view of the material. When the material received the GR is made using MB1A or MIGO using 101 Movement type. This material is directly goes to order as consumption.

Now if you want to post the material cost against the cost center you can use 201 Movement type but there you can not give order as account assignment.

Now you tell me what is your business requirement?? Is your business requirement fits in above mentioned process? Or you need to do something differents.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

You can issue the material from un restricted stock to PM order against movement type 261K.

For that you have to maintain vendor purchasing INFO record for consignment withrespect to material.

In MB1A select *K* in special stock field, then click *To reservation* instead of to Order (if you select to order system will take movement type as 261as default) give reservation no. and proceed.

Revert back with your observations.

Regards,

Chandru.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

I'm not getting from your posts what you are trying to achieve.

Can you confirm if you are trying to consume parts to the service order that are on consignment at the repair vendor, or are you trying to consume the parts and post them to consignment?

261 K will consume parts provided that they are already in consignment stock and you enter a vendor number and that there is a purchasing info record created for the material and vendor in the purchasing organization assigned to the plant in the maintenance order..