Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery block and confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made a BOM in sales order where availbaility and pricing is working in the line and not in the header material.

As soon as the sales order is saved I want to apply a delivery block because the production of the final product is done using another 3rd party software.

This software will give me some information every day for which sales orders and materials the productions has been completed, so we can deliver.

Is there a way by making a programme to read the info from the 3rd party software so as to delete the delivery block for every material that is finished and can be delivered.

Can you give some suggestion for the programme ABAP

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There can be several ways to do that, but they depends on how the legacy system can be linked to SAP.

The link can be syncronous, i.e. u can create a function reads the data of legacy system and return the result to SAP, or asyncronous i.e. u can laod the main data of legacy system into SAP custom tables.

We need more informations to understand which soultion could be better: for example if the legacy system has an Oracle database u could create a DBLink.

So let us know more informations about that 3rd party software.

Max

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

It will be asychronous. The 3rd party doesn't use oracle (possible MS SQL)

0 Kudos

Hi

I believe it can create a DBlink between Oracle db and MS SQL, try to check the concept of multi-connection:

[url] http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7f/a70f9caac6493eacb38e1ad297ec63/content.htm

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Oct 2, 2008 10:56 AM