cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Production BOM changes in Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a BW consultant and am working on a report that concerns tracking changes to the BOM code in documents. The situation is

The PP BOM is created and basis that procurement and GR is done. However changes to the PP BOM are frequent and cause problems while MIGO. For example on a certain day a material, lets say A, requires 2 qty of material A2 and on another it requires 1 qty of A2. This causes discrepencies in the inventory. So a report that can give a comparison of the actual qty ( as given by the GR doc) and the ideal qty ( as given by the BOM) can help check this.

To the best of my understanding tracking BOM changes on doc level solve the purpose so that one can spot the state of the BOM on the doc level. Is this possible in std R3 system ? If yes, then what are the entities involved ?

Am aware of a functionality called ECM, Engineering Change Management, but am not sure if that will help here.

Thanks in advance.

Saurabh Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The best way to meet your requirements is to activate Engg. change management.

Then you will get track of all changes .

Check in cs03.enter your material, plant and usage. execute it

then click Environment -> change doc -> Full

Also try with transaction CS80,CS81.

ECM and do the necessary seetings in T code OS27 - Set Modifications parameters for BOM's ,OS54 - Engineering Change Management Control Data.

Or,

The best way to do is using Change douments .. Since SAP provided the Change doc mainly for this..

Tables: CDHDR and CDPOS.

Tcode: SCDO. Vendor Master : KRED is the Change doc object.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info, We seem to have found a workaround- we will get all the valid BOMs to BW and match this data with doc item level data with the BOM header material as the join condition. Can you help me with teh tables in R3 that can help me identify valid BOM codes. I have been through tables like MAST, STPO, STAS but all of them have 'valid from' date and not 'valid to' date.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Answers (0)