cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Specific Batch Numbered Items for a Pick List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondered if anyone has found a viable workaround for this in SBO? I know SBO doesn't allow this by default.

The challenge I've got is that I have batched stock sitting in a warehouse and need to tell the picker which batches he should pick to fulfill a sales order already sitting in the system.

The goods are getting into stock from the production/manufacturing process via a Goods Receipt. (No Production Orders are being used)

Sales Orders are already sitting in the system waiting for the manufacturing process to produce the goods.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could possibly resolve this?

If currently working with this:-

Using the Batch Number Transaction Report I'm updating the "Batch Attribute 2" field with the Sales Order Number for each Batch I would like picked for that Sales Order.

I then re-run the Batch Number Transaction Report but filter it now using the Sales Order number in the Batch Attribute 2 field.

This gives me a list of batches which I can then print for the pickers.

Using the PLD I can re-format the report layout to look like a picking list.

I have to re-do all this work (ie: select the batches again) when I actually produce the delivery document.

If less where picked (they could not fit on the lorry) the Batch Number Transaction Report needs to be updated manually again.

Cheers

Hayden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hayden,

Probably not a perfect solution, but can work:

Add a User Defined Field to the Pick List - Rows and set up a Formatted Search to this field:

SELECT T1.[BatchNum], T1.[Quantity] FROM OIBT T1 WHERE T1.ItemCode = $[$11.12.0] 

So every time you want to select a batch, you press Shift+F2 on the field to display the list of available batches and choose one. Then this UDF can be displayed on the printed Pick List.

Unfortunately with this solution you can select only one batch per row. Also, please note that when you create the Delivery from the Pick List, you choose the batches for the Delivery separately manually, so you need to choose the same ones.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Nat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nat

Thanks for this, I'll give it a try.

Cheers

Hayden

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The exact same question was posted on the forum earlier this week and was answered.

Please take a look

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda

Your instruction to me was to post as a new thread which is exactly what I have done (see below) now you tell me its been answered somewhere else already?

Suda Sampath

Forum Points: 12,908

Re: Serial Number and Picking List

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 12:36 AM in response to: Hayden Nothnagel E-mail this message Reply

Hayden,

Please post your question as a new thread.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you post your question on a closed thread from someone else.........it will not be possible for members to follow-up as many do not see the closed threads. Since I happen to see it I asked you to post a new thread....

I hope it is clear...