cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of technical system and business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Im just a beginner in SAP XI..I would like to know what will be the setup in my SLD .

My data will be coming from MS SQL and will transfer it to SAP R/3.

Is it true that I need to setup the Technical system , one for my Sender (data coming from sql ) and

one for my Receiver (data will transfer to SAP R/3).

about the Business system? do i need to create buss system for Sender and receiver?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

aVaDuDz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ava,

If your system is a R/3 you need to create a TS and then a BS in the SLD.

However, if your system is not a R/3 (e.g. your MS SQL ) you don't need to create neither TS nor BS in SLD.

In this case, you could create a Business Service directly in Integration Directory.

You scenario would be something like:

TS R/3

Business System R/3 <- XI < Business Service MS SQL

However, if you finally decide to create a TS for your MS SQL, of course you will need to create a Business System for the receiver,

and another one for the sender.

Hope this helps you.

Carlos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't have to create technical system for R/3 you should better use tcode RZ70 for selfregistering:

And for this technical system you should create also a business system.

You should create a technical and business system for your MS SQL if it's inside of your system landscape.

Here is a good explanation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/01ea90ab24235de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Koehnen on Oct 2, 2008 10:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Ava,

As carlos mentioned, R/3 must be created as part of SLD.

For ms-sql, you can create TS-BS under the category "Add third party".

Moreover, if the sender or receiver comes under ur client landscape, u need to use it as TS-BS.

Apart from that, if it like a B2B scenario outside of your client landscape, then you can use it as Business service.

One more reason is, if you dont know the actual technical details, you can still configure it as Business Service