Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call transaction with variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Is the above issue possible?

CALL TRANSACTION FF_5 WITH VARIANT 'VAR1'.

Thanks in advance,

Rebeka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you are talking about standard transactions then use transaction variants.

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

if it is Ztransaction then you can use SUBMIT statement.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think it is possible ,where the variant would screen variant or transaction variant.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rebeka,

did you check in SAPHelp?

I think you have to use the SUBMIT statement instead of CALL TRANSACTION in this case... (CALL TRANSACTION is for module pools, SUBMIT is for report programs, the program stands behind the transaction you want to call is a report program).

ec

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you are talking about standard transactions then use transaction variants.

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

if it is Ztransaction then you can use SUBMIT statement.

0 Kudos

>

> if you are talking about standard transactions then use transaction variants.

>

> if it is Ztransaction then you can use SUBMIT statement.

things are a bit mixed up here, I have no idea how this post answers the original question...

-screen variant/transaction variant has nothing to do with CALL TRANSACTION (or SUBMIT). If it is created, it will be used always , irrelevant if the transaction is started through SUBMIT/CALL TR... or in online.

-SUBMIT statement is used for starting report programs not Z transactions (while CALL TRANSACTION is basically for module pools)

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric,

actually he wanted to use some standard transaction with specific requirements so he might thought of using call transaction .......

Now he might have got the idea of using SHDO transaction.

And coming to the other point, actually here i was talking about ztransaction created for a zreport.

i.e using submit statement for that zreport.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cant understand a bit in this thread

0 Kudos

>

> actually he wanted to use some standard transaction with specific requirements so he might thought of using call transaction .......

> Now he might have got the idea of using SHDO transaction.

my concern was (as I pointed out already), that transaction variant (SHD0 transaction) will be valid overall the system.

>

And coming to the other point, actually here i was talking about ztransaction created for a zreport.

> i.e using submit statement for that zreport.

again: I just pointed out that SUBMIT is not limited for Z programs, you can use it with standard ones as well (actually the OP was asking about a standard transaction/program)

0 Kudos

>

> i cant understand a bit in this thread

anything I can clarify for you, just let me know...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes you are correct. the way question was asked is bit difficult to understand as sufficient information is not there.but he/she found a solution from a reply which is not related to it.