cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect weight on partial delivery of sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Manually entering total weight on sales order rows, gives wrong result in deliveries when sales order is delivered via more than one delivery document.

We add a quantity of 5 of one item code to a sales order. Thisitem has a weight defined in item master data - which is 900kg. This gives a total weight for this line of 4500kg. We then manually set the total weight to 7500 kg. This meaning that each item should report as 1500kg. When creating delivery and only delivering a quantity of one (1) the total weight is correct and is 1500kg. When we deliver the remaining 4 items from the sales order - the weight is recalculated back to what is located on the item master data - giving us a total weight of 3600.

The expected result would be that the delivery of the remaining 4 items should have a total weight of 6000kg (15004). And not 3600kg (9004).

Has anyone experienced similar scenario? Can someone provide a solution?

We are currently running on SAP B1 2007A PL 41.

Thanks and regards, Runar Wigestrand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this is a system behavier. Nothing wrong with the logic behind it. My question is: do you need to change your item UoM very often? If that is the case, you would better off creating different BOM item to handle the different quantity. Changing item UoM in the marketing document should not be your solution.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

This is a bug in the system, and will be fixed in a later patch.

Best regards, Runar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it the first time or you did it before and worked?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon.

I'm not sure if this has been an issue in previous versions - I haven't been able to test it.

All I know is that this is an issue that appears in PL 41 of the 2007A version. I know there is a note for this on version 2005A, but all it says it that this is supposed to be fixed in a patch.

Regards, Runar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Just tested this issue on PL38 - and it's the same here.

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks and regards, Runar Wigestrand.

Edited by: Runar Wigestrand on Oct 2, 2008 11:06 AM