Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with table maintainence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a tcode zrig used to update riskgrade text.

The table maintainence is done for the table zrig which has fields

MANDT and ZRISK_GR.

The other table zrigt has both the fields and also SPRAS and ZRISK_TXT.

But when i view the contents of the zrig it shows mandt zrisk_gr and also zrisk_txt.

When i changes the contents by entering the tcode the changes will be reflected in the both table.

Please can anyone tell me how is it done.

And if i want to add a column extra like percentage how can it be done.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak.B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak.,

Just remember these things when you get such kind of issues with table maintanace generator.

1. TMG never modifies itself when you modifieing the TABLE.

2. TMG internally having link with TABLE as STRUCTURE

3. So while craeting the TMG, the funcion group which you assigns to TMG will handles this strcture.

4. So it is always good practice to delete and craete a new TMG for the TABLE when ever you are changing yourTABLE, otherwise it still carries out old structure.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

1 REPLY 1

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak.,

Just remember these things when you get such kind of issues with table maintanace generator.

1. TMG never modifies itself when you modifieing the TABLE.

2. TMG internally having link with TABLE as STRUCTURE

3. So while craeting the TMG, the funcion group which you assigns to TMG will handles this strcture.

4. So it is always good practice to delete and craete a new TMG for the TABLE when ever you are changing yourTABLE, otherwise it still carries out old structure.

Thanks,

Naveen.I