cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size is Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a Material (ROH) with BUOM as EA. I have created a Sampling Procedure with % Inspection and Manual Valuation.

Also I have created a MIC and assigned a Quality Plan for the same raw material.

My problem is, when I do manually create an Inspection Lot, Sample size is coming as Zero. Task List specification is properly assigned to the Inspection Lot from QP01.

As it automatically takes the Task List, Sample size is displyed as 0 and Grayed out automatically.

My client requirement is to display Sample size in each Inspection report (as per their standards). In Valuation screen (QE11/QA32), inspect qty is displayed properly as per Sampling Procedure.

Experts, please guide me.

Best Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

pl check in the plan QP02, wthere the MIC is having the sampling procedure,

if the procedure is not there pl create it by QDV1.

if alredy you have created it and check wethere yhe procedure is having the sample size.

-ashok

mmreddy502
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have one scenario

I have assigned sample procedure but not assigned any MIC

Finally I am getting sample size 0 for the inspection lot?

Is because of no MIC assigned?

Can anyone please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may have missed mentioning the % in the sampling procedure.

You must have defined the % in the material master QM view or you must be having some other characteristics in the insp. plan according to which the sample size is getting calculated for inspection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant and Ashok,

Thnx a lot for your replies. I have set the Characteristics as Optional in QS21.

Once I have changed that to Required Characteristics in QS23, Sample size started appearing in Inspection Lot also.

But then in the Inspection Report, its appearing as Zero. How can I trace the Sample size for the optional Characteristics in Inspection Report.

Please guide

Sam