cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstab Profit Margin Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a crosstab with SalesRep as rows and Product as Columns. I have SumSales and SumCost in the intersecting cells.

How do I subtract SumCost from SumSales and display this result (SumProfit) in each cell?

Is there a way to calculate the profit margin percentage in each cell .... (SumProfit/SumSales) * 100.

Thank you.

Art

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sourashree,

Thanks for continuing with your advice.

I believe I am doing exactly as you suggest. But when I move the formula field into the Summarized Fields box of the Crosstab there is no option for Sum. I have tried both Crystal 9 and Crystal Xi with same results.

Perhaps I can email you a couple of screen shots. Is that possible?

Art

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Art

Write a formula to subtract Cost from Sales and put this formula field in the summarized fields of the cross tab. Click on change summary and select show it as percentage.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Write a formula to subtract Cost from Sales and put this formula field in the summarized fields of the cross tab."

When I place this field in the summarized fields of the cross tab I get a "Count". If I try to "edit Summary" my choices are things like Maximum, Minimum, TopN, etc. There is no option for Sum.

I just don't get it!

Art

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Art

I have two fields last year costs and last year sales.

I created a formula field in which I wrote the below formula

product.last year sales - product.last year cost

I opened the cross tab expert and I put this formula field in summarized fields. I clicked on change summary and checked that by default "calculate this summary" is a sum.

I checked the options for "Show as percentage of".Click on Ok.

Please let me know if you could get the desired output after trying a similar way like above.

Regards

Sourashree