cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress address lines that's NULL/empty in PLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to print the full address of the BP in my layout.. However, some BP have 3 address lines, some have 2, and some have 4.

How do I suppress those empty address line in layout, so that it won't display BLANK line in my print layout? Because at the last line, I will display the country and zip code. Therefore I don't want BLANK lines in between.

Example in layout:

-

BP Name

Address line 1

Address line 2

Address line 3

Address line 4

Country & Zip code

-

Thanks!

sianghing

Edited by: Paul Finneran on Oct 9, 2008 2:55 PM

EricAlo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sianghing,

The blank lines in PLD addresses caused by missing ‘Block’ or other fields can be removed in the following manner:

To suppress blank lines in an address in PLD:

Step 1: Create a text field with a line-feed character in it

a) Content: X{enter}X where {enter} is the enter key - (PLD won't retain any leading or trailing white-space -- spaces, linefeeds, etc -- so you need to use the "X"s )

b) Change the unique ID to "LF"

c) Uncheck 'Visible'

Step 2: Change the Unique ID of the address field to be "Addr" and uncheck 'Visible'

Step 3: Create a formula field with the following (just paste this word for word):

Concat(

Sentence(Addr,1),

Substring(LF,1,2),

Sentence(Addr,2),

Substring(LF,1,1+(Sentence(Addr,2) != "")),

Sentence(Addr,3),

Substring(LF,1,1+(Sentence(Addr,3) != "")),

Sentence(Addr,4)

)

Step 4: Use this new formula field in place of the ‘Addr’ field you have hidden in the steps above.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sianghing,

The only way to remove the blank lines is if the actual BP address does not have any empty values e.g. if a customer has 4 lines in his address then you use the first 4 fields on the BP Master screen.

In my opinion this is not a solution at all since you really need to assign address values to their relevant address fields.

The last time I checked it was not possible to remove blank address lines on the PLD using forumlae etc. This has been a problem with SAP PLDs from day one.

Ofcourse if you were to design your layout using Crystal then there's no problem, a simlple formula using mutiple IF statements can be used to remove any empty values.

Regards,

Andrew.

Answers (0)