cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10B - Stock Transport Order - Storage location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to create a delivery in VL10B, I get the error of insufficient stock.

How do I determine which storage location is VL10B looking to determine insufficient stock? How is this storage location determined?

please help me out with this issue

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is picking determination and determines the Storage Location on the basis of (Shipping Point + Plant + Storage Conditions)

So for group of materials you can assign the storage conditions in material master "Plant Storage Location Data1" view and do the picking determination.

For e.g.

0001	0001		0001
0001	0001 01 	0002
0001	0001 02 	0003

Blank, 01, 02 are the storage conditions assigned in the material master storage location data 1 view. And on the basis of this different storage locations can be determined in delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still getting the insufficient stock error. Since I am working on a test system, I have doubled the stock in every storage location in the supplying plant to be 100+ units. My stock transport order is only for 5 units but I am still getting the stock insufficient error.

Please take a look at the following picture which describes the error (taken from Vl10B logs).

http://i34.tinypic.com/24b1aar.jpg

Sincerely,

Ketan

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creation of Delivery Document, go to VL02N and check in "Picking" Tab, whether system is determining storage location automatically. If yes then check the stock of that storage location in MMBE. OR maintain some other storage location in which sufficient stock is available.

Also go to ME22N and here in STO, click menu Environment > Availability and check the stock is available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

According to MMBE, the storage location to which the delivery is assigned has 50 units and is sufficient to meet the requirement of 5 units in the stock transport order (STO) but still VL10B gives the error that there is insufficient stock.

I increased the stock at the storage location to 1000 units and then the problem disappeared and I was able to create the delivery.

In STO also when I check the availability in the storage location, it shows me 50 units are available in the storage location.

Why was the stock of 50 units as shown in MMBE insufficient to satisfy the STO requirement of 5 units as shown in VL10B?

Sincerely,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check MD04...45 pcs would have been allocated to other sales orders/STOs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed. did not solve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for which material code you create delivery.

After found material code go in mm03 enter material code and press enter.

So system ask you plant and storage location detail.

Click F4 on storage location field, Due to this you can find material plant and storage location list.

Then check stock for material in same storage location with MMBE and M52.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The storage location which is mentioned in the material master has sufficient stock to meet the delivery.

I have one more storage location which has negative stock balance but it not specified in the material master.

Does VL10B take the plant as a whole in checking whether stock is sufficient or does it look only at a particular storage location and how is this storage location determined?

Sincerely,

Ketan