cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes on Oracle Database Parameter when you increase your WP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know what oracle parameter do I need to change when I increase the number of WP.

I know from note 124361, you need to increase the following:

- PROCESS --> #SAP Work processes * 2 + 20

- SESSIONS --> >=PROCESS

My question:

1. Is there any other parameter? what do I miss?

2. What is good number for session. Should it be 1 more or 10 more than the number of PROCESS?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of oracle you are using?

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently, using version 9.2.0.7 but later on next month, I will be upgrading to oracle 10. What is the difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using oracle 9i then in this case the parameter have following value corresponds to sap workprocess number ( this values is not applied to SAP BW based system)

PROCESSES -> (Total number of SAP WP * 2 ) + 20

SESSIONS -> >= PROCESSES

In case of Oracle 10g

PROCESSES -> (Total number of SAP WP * 2 ) + (J2EE Server processes *

MAX_CONNECTIONS) + PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS + 40

Where

PROCESSES

- Defines the maximum number of Oracle processes that exist in parallel

- The component relating to ABAP work processes is only relevant in systems with ABAP stacks. The component relating to J2EE server processes is only relevant in systems with Java stacks.

MAX_CONNECTIONS

- indicates the maximum number of connections (also called pool size) of the J2EE system DataSource

PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS

- Defines the maximum number of parallel query processes

- Based on the number of CPU Cores of the database server

- The number of CPU Cores generally corresponds to the default value for the Oracle parameter CPU_COUNT. Therefore, if you are unsure in individual cases, you can use the value of the parameter CPU_COUNT (for example, in transaction DB26).

- If the database shares the server with other software (for example, SAP central instance, other Oracle instances), only the part of the CPU Cores that is mathematically available to the database should be considered in the calculation (for example, 8 CPU Cores, the SAP central instance and the Oracle database are to share resources 50:50 -> PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS = 8 * 0.5 * 10 = 40).

Reference Note : 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g

If you are not using JAVA Stack then you can omit the Java stack related parameter.

regards,

kaushal