cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting exception when Importing Config Archives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I import a config archive from my test system to prod, I get the following exception. I tried to import it as both PAR file and ZIP file. But getting the same exception in both case.

ImportExportConfigException: Updating the local configuration with import data "import_MaganS_[MaganS]_(ready)". Error creating the upgrade status "NewQA_VecNB_LayoutSet-2008-10-02-16-44-08-505". System error is "InternalConfigException: Cannot replace a configuration object "configurable_[MaganS]_config://local/system/deployment/configuration" in folder "plugin_[MaganS]_config://local/system/deployment"; "java.lang.NullPointerException".
	Inner exception is:
	java.lang.NullPointerException
".
	Inner exception is:
	InternalConfigException: Cannot replace a configuration object "configurable_[MaganS]_config://local/system/deployment/configuration" in folder "plugin_[MaganS]_config://local/system/deployment"; "java.lang.NullPointerException".
		Inner exception is:
		java.lang.NullPointerException

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no experiences with importing par files, so i cannot give you a hint.

But try out to export / import the configurations with .configArchive-Files.

Maybe it works that way.

Bye Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I tried using both par files and .configarchive files. But in either case I was getting the exception.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Which exact KM Configuration should I remove? I see a whole list of stuff in the dropdown. How do I know which one is pertaining to the Layout set.

Thanks,

Ajay

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you deployed this config archives on prod by yourself, then you can recognize the entires in dropdown by name.

Other way would be to select an entry in dropdown and click the preview button and check if your Layoutset is present there.

My tip will be to click on entries that are not standard (non sap entires) and check.

Also try to import your configarchive from here: /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.runtime.config.component.ConfigImportExport

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

praveenkumar_gudapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a NullPointerException occuring while replacing the KM configurations on your production.

So my advice would be to first uninstall the KM configurations from production and then try importing configurations again.

To uninstall KM config, goto: /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.runtime.config.component.ConfigUninstaller

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati