cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copa and contribution margin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May I know what is the relationship between copa and contribution margin?

Not all expenses and cost reported in contribution margin will be updated in copa?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contribution margin is a costing term which also refers to Banking profitability analyis (Bank PA). Do you mean this or just the contribution calculation in CO-PA? If the latest is true, then answering your question, not all the costs flow automatically to CO-PA, only the ones linked to costs of goods sold. But, with cost allocations, you will be able to distribute your overhead costs in CO-PA.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I am not referring to banking contribution margin.

in kch3, there are different level of contribution margin.

i think contribution margin is not in sap so i may need to know what is the relationship of contribution margin with copa.

thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

KCH3 is used for grouping profit centres. So, someone called a certain group 'Contribution Margin'. They could have called it 'Empire State Building' and to establish any connection to any module would be quite a task

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

so may i know what is the connection between copa and contribution margin? just forget about kch3.

thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, contribution margin is a costing term (not IT term of SAP). You can calculate your margins while performning costing analysis in CO-PA.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (0)