cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have some question about the work center when pick up by the creation of production order. When we create production order manually via CO01, SAP pick workcenter BSBA111 for this order. And when we convert a planned order to a production order SAP pick work center CAWORK01. same finished product is been consider with this material number 1111002 in plant 0012. why in different way of creating production order, but the system is been picking two different work center with different formula? please explain deeply for my concern.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the number of routings CA03 created for the material in that plant. Also check the production version in C223 for the material and plant. See if you have more than one prodn version.

Also check the "Selection Method" field in MRP view for that material and plant. What is the value maintained. Ideally it should be 2 (based on Production Version). This might be governing what production version and hence what workcenter is getting copied into the production order.

Please revert back.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have several routing for this certain material in this plant, and everytime we create a manual PO via CO01, list of production version is been prompt to use to choose thats why we choose that has recent valid from date, and when i look at MRP 4 selection method is 3 (selection only by production version).

Please advise why we have different work center when manual and coverting planned order in creation for production order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case what is happening is that while creating manual Production order you are manually selecting the production version . therefore the routing assigned to that particular production version gets copied & subsequently the work centre assigned to th routing gets copied along with that.

Since you have used selection methood as 3 (selection only by production version) the system searches for the valid production version starting from the 1st production version in your list of production versions & stops as soon as it finds the valid one & selects it.(I.e. the 1st version which is valid for the date of exposion & within the lot size defined)

Now in this case the one which you selected & the one which the system finds during MRP can differ.

Thats why your work centres differ , because the production versions differ.

Therefore If you want the selection to be same in Manual PO & PO by MRP , in OPL8, for your plant & order type , select indicator 0 for Production version i.e. automatic selection of production version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi feby,

if i make the changes you told in the OPL8, thus it make an assurance to me that when i create manual production order it will behave and automatically choose the production version like what when creating a production order from a planned order?

Thanks

Ryan

Answers (0)