cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Simple Drop Down box in Web Application Designer

0 Kudos

I am trying to create a drop down box in web application designer to filter a single value of the field 0FISCPER but i am running into some issues. When i open the template in the web, i can see the box and can see all the values for 0FISCPER but when i click a value there is no update to the query data. I tried using the javascript wizard but not sure if im using it right. What javascript do I need to use? Does anyone have examples of this? I already viewed the how to on help.sap.com but that is for using a range.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are on WAD 3.5.

Well, in the settings of the DROPDOWN Box, you have to specify the characteristic on which you have to restrict (0FISCPER in this case).

Then you can specify the READ MODE (from Dimension Table (D) or Master Data (M) or Posted Value (Q) ).

You can also restrict the values displayed in Maximum Number of Values Displayed.

And then give the AFFECTED DATAPROVIDER. This is the most important part. Based on this, the Dropdown Box (Filter) values work and affect the Query Output.

Not sure if you have to add some JavaScript for this. Just try the above and let me know if you are looking for something else.

Hope this solves your problem.

Answers (0)