cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DC in CBS for ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have imported ESS sc and its depencies to the track. The import finished. But, looks like in CBS there are 236 broken Dc's is it normal to have broken DC or do I have reimport the components?

your help is appreciated.

I imported them on to 2 tracks and both of these tracks have same numbe rof broken Dc's.

your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

If you observe any broken DCs on your ESS software component, it is recommended to fix these broken DC's before start doing any code modifications. These broken DCs you observed on standard JBUILD,JTECHS,JEE SCA's or ESS SCA. if these broken dc's observed on JBUILD or JTECHS then you ahve to look in to the correct version of libraries. If you see these broken DC's only on ESS software component then try reimporing the SCA.

is there any other previous versions of ESS sca added to this track?

did you try importing the SCA's in oder like JBUILD, JTECS,JEE, and PCUI_GP, ESS?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The broken DCs are on the cfg components of ESS. Just not sure what these cfg components for? Is it ok if I go head do a manual build in CBS compartments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

The cfg is some thing a custom DC or is it a SCA in ESS?

I think that there is no sca called cfg for ESS. When we import ESS SCA normally we should add sca's like: ESS, SAPPCUI_GP, JEE,JBUILD,JTECHS. I am not sure where cfg SCA is coming from?

Some times these issues because of SC dependencies are not synchronised correctly , we resolve these issues while clicking on Synchronize SC Dependencies from the CMS landscape configurator but it may work or may not.

I am not sure how far the manual build helpful but you can give a try.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

cfg components are the ones in inactive dcs . they are part of ess. After I create the track. when i imported configuration . In inactive Dcs window, I see ess/ar/add/cfg and ess/ar/add . Almost are inactive DCS have a cfg DC andreegular DC. I am not sure what this cfg is.

Also I reimported components in the order you mentioned but there are stil broken DCs on the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Did you import all the components till consolidation tab(checkin-development(import)-consolidation(import))

once you import in consolidation tab then you need to get that in NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Were you able to solve this problem. Can you explain how did you get this solution. Even i am facing similar issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Jigar Oza

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check-in and import EP_BUILDT SCA's into the track.

Regards,

Thulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thulasi,

I am having exactly the same problem. I have downloaded sca file for EP_BUILDT from market place and placed it in CMS inbox. I also deployed the .sca file in NWDI system. In CMS, I can not see this .sca file of EP_BUILDT in the check-In tab. I tried to add it as dependency to SAP_ESS SC in Landscape Navigator. But, EP_BUILDT is not available in the list of SWCV when I click on "Define Dependencies". I checked SLD and found out that it is not in the list of SWCV, but is there in "Installed Products" tab of NWDI technical system. Any idea on how to get it as SWCV in SLD or how to get the .sca file in to my "Check-In" tab of track? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Srihari

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

First check SLD server, if you have EP_BUILDT SC as the required SC for the software component SAP_ESS SC. if yes Navigate as below

In CMS url --> Landscape configurator --> goto Domain tab --> and click on "update CMS" button. This should that the EP_buildt is now availble for you check-in.

Regards,

Thulasi

Answers (0)