cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Field in the Create Request Form of the Access Enforcer Tab in AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what value the "Due Date" field in the "Create Access" under the Access Enforcer Tab that is situated under the Priority Drop Down Box.

Is the Due Date a trigger to exprie the request if no one tends to the request?

Or is the Due Date a trigger for something else?

Many Thanks!

Jerri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerri-

The Due Date field in Access Enforcer is directly correlated with the Service Level Agreement configuration. If a request is still open past the due date, then it will register as a SLA violation.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerri,

The due date field can be used by the requestor to specify by when he/she needs the request to be closed/completed. This date may or may not be within the SLA.

Thus, I would not say this has a direct relation or affect on SLA but indirectly we can say YES. To elaborate on this , I would like to take 2 different cases for a predefined SLA of say 4 days for a request type - "change":

(Assumption - Today's date - 3rd October 2008, is the request creation date and the SLA miss happens in or after 7th Oct'09.)

Case 1: The requestor puts a due date of 4th Oct' 08, which is before the predefined SLA miss date of 6th Oct'08.

In this case even if the request is closed/completed on 5th Oct'08, the SLA is not a miss, though the request is getting closed after the due date.

Case 2: The requestor puts a due date of 8th Oct' 08, which is after the predefined SLA miss date of 6th Oct'08.

Now, if the request is closed on 7th, which is before the Requested date but after the SLA expiration date, the request for sure misses the SLA.

Thus, this date is just a date by which the requestor wishes this request to be complete and has no direct bearing on the SLA. This can also be inferred from the fact that it comes as a free entry to be chosen by requestor and not automatically counted from the SLA defined.

Regards,

Hersh.

+91-9730087901.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Oct 3, 2008 1:30 PM

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hersh-

Your comment, "Thus, this date is just a date by which the requestor wishes this request to be complete and has no direct bearing on the SLA," is true if an organization does not have a strict SLA policy in place. In organizations that do, the requester is bound to define the due date by the standard operating procedures of the organization.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

With due regards to your reply, I totally agree with your comments on the definition/significance of SLA. Whereas what we were actuallly debating here in this post is the "Due Date" field and its impact on "SLA" , for which I would like to again slightly disagree with you, as "Due Date" in AE or in practical scenerio for SAP security is just a requested date (filled in by the requestor/end user, who may not even be aware in most of the cases what actually is the SLA for this kind of request) to complete the request (in the strict or even the scrictest of the organizations). What implementors or consulting parteners are measured on is ALWAYS the SLA, NEVER the due date.

SLA is defined at the time of the signoff between the consulting/implementation parteners and the client and may get changed from time to time. Even if we see the architecture of AE request, "Due date" has no real bearing with the SLA miss or else practically there would not have been any field like "Due date" , just the SLA.

To do it practically:

1. Create a request with due date less than the SLA expiration date, as I had mentioned in the previous post too.

2. Now, if you close the request after the due date but before the SLA expiration date, it will never come as an SLA miss.

Regards,

Hersh.

Answers (0)