cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when launching BEx analyzer from Portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI Gurus...

We are working on an initiative to migrate our user interface from SAP GUI to Enterprise Portal.

Bex Analyzer is primary mode of reporting at this time.

After importing the Roles into EP, I am able to execute the web queries successfully, in the BEx Wen analyzer. But, I get an error when I click on any of the excel workbooks. Our expectation was that once we click on the excel workbook name, the BEx analyzer will launch from EP. But it seems like the issue is with launching BEx Analyzer from BI Portal.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Is it possible to launch BEx Analyzer from EP?

Are their some key portal settings we have missed out on to enable launching BEx analyzer from EP?

Please provide your thoughts/experience.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in the iview properties if the executed txn is RRMXP.

Also check if it points to the correct source system (your BW system).

Also test if txn RRMXP works:

start RRMXP, enter the technical name of the workbook, and see if it get's opened.

If not, you have a problem with BEx.

If it does open, the iview properties are probably wrong.

Edited by: WernerS on Oct 2, 2008 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WernerS,

Thanks for your response.

The RRMXP Transaction works and it launching the BEx Analyzer as expected.

Now, as per our research, I think there are 2 ways of launching BEx analyzer from BI Portals.

1) Call via a URL

You can call BEx Analyzer via the following URL: http(s)://<server:port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/rsr_bex_launch/bexanalyzerportalwrapper.htm

You can modify the URL to open BEx Analyzer with either a workbook, a query or a query view. You can use the following parameters to do this:

● Parameter to open the workbook: ?WBID=<wb_id>

I have tried calling via URL iView, but instead of launching the BEx Analyzer, it just throws a dialog box to "save" or "open" a file, RRMX.bex. When I try to open this file, it says "Invalid File Format".

I tried opening the file in notepad and I see the following parameters passed.

test

Data=BX2,CONAJP,EN,mikoyan,17,,,250,

Any clue about what I am doing wrong?

2) Calling via a Transaction

You can generate BEx Analyzer in Portal Content Studio as an SAP Transaction iView.

The iViews are of type SAP Transaction iView and have the code link com.sap.portal.app integrator.sap.Transaction.

The most important properties are System, Transaction Code (TCODE) and ApplicationParameter.

● The Transaction Code for all workbooks is RRMXP.

● The ApplicationParameter property contains the value WBID=<WORKBOOK_ID>.

I have tried this approach as well. When I open this iView, I see the RRMXP transaction in the Internet explorer, but the workbooks still does not open in the BEx Analyzer (Excel)

Any thoughts on where am I going wrong ?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Also check if it points to the correct source system (your BW system).

Does anyone know, how can we transfer this parameter (source system) within the url?

So, if I have several systems registred in SAP Logon, when I start BeX through this URL, it tries to logon to the first system in the list.

Selecting the checkbox "Use ... as standard" has no affect.

So the problem is - how can we logon the proper system, while launching workbook through URL?

-

Best regards,

Jozef

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use the option :

Publish -

>To portal.

It creates and iview and asks for folder to save.

former_member249672
Participant
0 Kudos

OK thanks.

Where in the Bex Analyzer can I find the button to publish ?

Furthermore, is is possible to do the same without any portal (because I have some users that work without portal, with the old menu in version 3.5). I'd like to launch the Bex analyzer's workbook from an URL or the old Web menu (created by web appli. designer) ?

Thanks for your help.

Vanessa Roulier

former_member249672
Participant
0 Kudos

OK thanks.

Where in the Bex Analyzer can I find the button to publish ?

Furthermore, is is possible to do the same without any portal (because I have some users that work without portal, with the old menu in version 3.5). I'd like to launch the Bex analyzer's workbook from an URL or the old Web menu (created by web appli. designer) ?

Thanks for your help.

Vanessa Roulier

former_member249672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also need to launch Bex Analyzer from the Web application Designer or by only an URL.

Users need to access the workbook without logging in the Bex Analyzer.

Could anyone have an idea ?

Thanks for your help.