cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupons for master parts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not get webtools coupon logic to work using a requirement by item master part. I am using product line master with attributes and for each master part I have dozens of sizes and colors for a shirt. It won't be feasible it I have to create a different coupon for every size & color child part. Is this a limitation of webtools and any ideas how I could get around this?

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes, this is a limitation.

You might be able to create a category discount for the child items and add them to the category. I do not believe there is a requirement that the customer be using the catalog/category, or that the category is visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Shane is right, I ran into this as well. Your best bet is to just make a invisible category (I name my category something like "Jackets For 20% off coupon" or some such so I can remember why I created it later on) for all of the children of the product line master and apply the coupon to that category. I've done that on our site and it works great.

When you think about it, you can't add a product line master to your cart and coupons can only apply to items in your cart, so only "real" products (not product line masters) can have a coupon applied to them.

It would be nice if they had a "coupon based on product line master" option in an upcoming release though, it would definitely come in handy so you don't have to essentially duplicate your product line master as a category...

Answers (0)