cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW problem in ECC problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My LSMW problem not solved.

LSMW worked in development server of ECC 6.0. When we moved this to quality ( in ECC ), and while testing the same we got this problem.

Experts! you still feel , this is issue of version ?

Basically I have copied LSMW project from 4.6 C to ECC 6.0 ( i am new to LSMW ).

The lsmw worked fine in 4.6C in all servers including dev, qulaity and production. Also ECC 6.0 dev, but not in ECC quality ...?

(we are using batch input.)

Kindly help me.

I am not confident of recording new lsmw ?

Is it easy ? can I do recording by comparing the recording with 4.6C ?

Kindly answer me. THANKS IN ADV.

If there is problem in recording, Can I do new recording and go and simply replace the old recording with new records ( in the first step ) ? I mean my old recording name is GENER_TEXT ....Shall I create GENER_TEXT11 and replace the old one in Batch input Recording --> Recording ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the screen navigation and fields are same on both the versions if not then you'll have to use new recording.

Regards,

Prashant.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Now my problem is

I need to change the recording of LSMW from 8th level line to 6th level line .

So below recording .. in LSMW ( as you know i am new to LSMW)

BDC_OKCODE =UPDA

BDC_SUBSCR SAPMF02D

BDC_CURSOR RTEXT-LTEXT(08)

RTEXT-LTEXT(08) TEXT1

Do I need to change above record to

BDC_CURSOR RTEXT-LTEXT(06)

If so , How can I change this ?

THANKS IN ADV.

Edited by: Sam Kumar on Oct 7, 2008 6:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can not do this in LSMW,

for this u have to do recording once again in LSMW.

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Generally, during upgradation, the Recording made in the Earlier Versions such as 4.6c may not hold good in the Latest Versions such as ECC 6.0 due to the Screen Sequence change or whatever reasons.

So, you can do the Recording again and replace the existing Recording with the New One.

Alternatively, you can go for IDoc method also with LSMW which will require some additional efforts. If your new Recording works fine, stick to that.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always do a new recording replacing the old recording.

If you are not confident of recording do as follows.

First you execute your LSMW in 4.6 with foreground mode and observe the things carefully (where the control is going and what are the fields it is considering). Then proceed the recording in ECC.