cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do We Need to Install GUI for just executing BI 7 reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do we need to install SAP GUI if we just have to execute BI 7 reports. If it is not possible is it the same with both Java and ABAP stacks or is it only with the Java stack that this is possible

Thanks

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Review Note 1013140 - BI Frontend / BW Add-on - General Information & Limitations and Note 1013139 - Pre-requisite for BI 7.x Frontend

From Note 1013140 :

BI Standalone frontend 7.x

The new frontend tools are made standalone. It means that you can install the Business Explorer without using the SAP GUI. In the earlier versions, Busines Explorer( BEx )tools were installed as an add-on to the SAP GUI.

As far as the need for the java stack, it is not needed if you are only going to run BEx (Excel) Analyzer. The java stack is only needed for the new Report Designer, any web designer queries, or anything you are publishing via Information Broadcasting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean i still have to install BEx suite for running web reports, we dont have any excel reports all we need is to give users the URL's to run web reports.

Thanks

Rashmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need the Java Stack installed and configured to your BI system. Query Designer 7.0 or WAD 7.0, both the outputs are seen on the portal or web.

And i think you need to install the GUI also.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

It depends on what "reports" are your pertaining to. If you are running a web template, then there's no need to install the SAP GUI. Everything is executed on your internet browser. If you are running it on BeX analyzer then you need to install that.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to run only the BEx Query Designer reports, right now we have only the ABAP stack for the BI 7.0 BEx suite . Do we need to add the Java stack for being able to run the reports without GUI, again its only the BEx Query Designer reports.

Thanks

Rashmi.