Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter - Stored Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some questions regarding Stored Procedure

I have used stored procedure in XI for asynchronous, but the following is some question for synchronouse i would like to give to you

1. Can i call stored procedure using Sender JDBC adapter or the other solution?

2. can i get various response result value from stored procedure using Receiver JDBC Adapter for synchronous

thanks in advance

david.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

it would work also in synchronous interfaces.

But you have to watch out for the parameters of your stored procedure. This could be sometimes a bit difficult if you not declare all of them or may not in the right type.

Also have a look at "Auto Commit" Option in your JDBC Adapter. Otherwise you could get some trouble with the "locking concept" of JDBC Adapter and DB.

Regards

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can execute a stored procedure in XI using a JDBC receiver adapter. For this , the value for the action attribute will be EXECUTE. and the value under the table name will be the name of the STORED PROCEDURE.

The variables declared for the sotred proceudre has top be passed to the Adapter. For the exact specification on how the target message should look like, just check the link below under STATEMENTNAME5,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Also, you can check Sriram's blog for executing Stored Procedures,

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/02/14/calling-stored-procs-in-maxdb-using-sap-xi

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh