cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Prevent Substitute from putting a workflow into error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to prevent workflow from going into error. My scenario is a manager has their secretary set up as a permanant workflow substitute so that she can "monitor" their managers Inbox. They don't have the authorizations to execute the workflows. However, the secretary often clicks on the workflow item and puts the workflow into error status.

Could someone please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Substitute concept is implemented that someone can delegate his work. Now if the Secretary does not have authorization this concept is being used in a Negative way. What can be done maximum is to either not to activate substitute for this task or ask the secretary not to execute this task. You can also try to use the task as General Forwarding not allowed and check whether it helps or not.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Liz,

As said earlier, it is not really a good usage of business workplace & workflow, if someone who really shouldn't complete the tasks can have access to the tasks.

If it is really necessary, maybe you can prepare a simple report for the secretary. With this report they could check their manager's inbox without the access to the tasks itself. Just call function module SWK_LOCAL_INBOX_GET and put the result into ALV or whatever. And of course there is already a transaction SWI5, which you can use to check other users' inbox, but that's more an admin tool, and then you can really check anyone's inbox (=probably not a good idea).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree that this is not the way a substitute is suppose to be used. Unfortunately this is a requirement.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think if you can set up a review workflow, that will do the job instead of substituting. For more details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/6f/e1423cbed8a47ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards, IA