Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

incorrect data in memo field

I am using Crystal Reports 11.0.0.1282 and trying to generate a document via Metastorm ProVision - connecting to a MS Access database (pvReport) through a ODBC (RDO) connection.

When I bring in a database field which is a memo type, the data that is being returned is not displaying correctly. It is definitely pulling from the right source and pulling the right data - but the first character of the "memo" is being repeated, and the field is truncated. For instance - if my memo field should say "This is the text in the memo" - it instead returns "TThis is the text in th" or something to that effect. This is just an example - and in the actual report the memo is only getting truncated after 255 characters.

The Access database has all of the information in it (so it is not a data error with my data source), and when I export out to an excel, the data is messed up just as it appears in the report (in Crystal Reports) - so it is not just a display issue.

In another report I had the same issue, but rebuilt the report from scratch - and the problem resolved itself. However, it has come up again - and rebuilding the report from scratch has not resolved it. I have co-workers that have experienced similar strange behavior and I have to believe that there has to be a solution to this problem.

Please advise - Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question