cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 crashes when printing (crw32.exe)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Crystal Reports 2008 on 9/2/08 on my Windows XP computer. Everything was working fine until last week. Now when I try to print I receive an error u201Ccrw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.u201D I have tried repairing Crystal as well as manually uninstalling and reinstalling. I've also checked the DEP. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Maggie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experience the same issues on Windows XP SP3. When attempting to print I receive an "out of memory" error and Crystal 2008 does not recognize my default printer.

When clicking on Page Setup, Crystal Reports simply crashes and closes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

I'm not sure what solved this issue. I was able to print a sample report so I tried to print one of my reports. Suddenly all is working correct. The only thing I changed was to reinstall SP3. I appreciate your help with this even though I'm still unsure of the solution. I'm quite pleased that I do not have to go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows.

Thanks,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

After uninstalling SP3 and Symantec, I am going for the last resort. I will reload Windows and see if that fixes it. Not exactly my choice of fixes; but I need to be able to use this software the way it was intended.

Laurie, I will let you know if this fixes my problem. It's a drastic solution, but if it fixes this, it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

Before you reload your windows operating system please let me know following information.

Does Crystal Report crash with any of the report or it is database specific.

If Crystal report runs fine with Xtream sample database and crashes with a perticular database , then please check the connectivity.

Check the version of driver you are using.

Thanks,

Sumit Kanhe

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like it has to do with the printers you have setup on your machine. Go to the Control Panel and see all the printers you have installed. Remove any printers that you can longer print to or where the printer files are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure the issue is with XP SP3 - I am running XP SP2 and have been. No additional software has been installed, no changes of any kind to the machine. I also uninstalled and re-installed. Is there any kind of support phone number offered for these kinds of issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurie

You can visit the below thread:

[;

Hope this helps!!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

No surprise, installing service packs doesn't help. I have already tried to manually uninstall and reinstall the program. That was one of my first attemtps at fixing this issue. I must say this is becoming very frustrating. I've had this program for one month and now cannot use it properly. The only change to my computer recently is the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Is it possible either of these could be causing this problem?

Thank you,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie

I understand that you want to get it working.

I have checked the supported platforms guide and only Windows XP with SP2 is mentioned there. There is no mention about SP3 which means that SP3 might not have been tested yet. Once it is tested and found to be supported, it would be updated in the supported platforms guide.

Ideally a manual uninstall and reinstall should resolve the issue however if it doesn't then try uninstalling SP3 and see Crystal Reports works.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, which just started the same day of this post. My application is hanging on print. If I wait up to 20 minutes, the print dialogue box will eventually show. After I print from there, it prints without issues. I also installed SP0. Still no help. It was working just fine up to October 1. Did you ever find out what is causing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help; however, my installation came with SP0. I don't know if it will help, but I am installing SP1 now. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks, Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie

As I suggested, you can try applying service packs however if nothing helps at all, I would suggest you to manually uninstall Crystal Reports and reinstall it. To know how to do a manual uninstallation, refer to the Kbase c2017464.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie

Please check what all changes have been made recently. If any software installed/uninstalled or any settings in the DEP were changed, and after which Crystal Reports is throwing this error.

You can try applying service pack, however if nothing helps at all, I would suggest you to manually uninstall Crystal Reports and reinstall it. To know how to do a manual uninstallation, refer to the Kbase c2017464.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie

You can try installing SP0 from [http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CR2008]

Hope this helps.

Shraddha