cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollout Manager possible at multiple Site ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if Rollout Manager can be used in Multiple Site.

Let say we want to Rollout MSA version 6.0 SP02 in multiple countries at the same time and send the data update through

Rollout Manager. I want to use different Rollout managers at each site for ex. 5 rollout Managers and these will connect to CRM sever at the same time and retrieve the data.

Has anyone ever tryed it or have any expierence with this or are there any other options.

Thx for you input in advance

Regards

Ab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ab

Rolling out Multiple sites is very much possible provided all the Rollout laptops are 'identically' accessible for the Stationary site (Since you are planning to Rollout across the countries, you need to take care of Firewall and related Network behaviour you might encounter)

Please make sure you have the latest patch for Rollout Manager in place (Note 1097450). This includes a fix to a Multiple Rollout scenario.

Note 1225204 will help you with initial troubleshooting (if you need any).

Note 1165306 will help you additionally with the Vista installations.

You can make use of the Command line variation of Rollout (you can get info from Rollout help file) if you are doing Multiple Rollouts.

Thank you

Best Regards and A Happy Rollout!

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

The Notes you have send me have been indeed of help. I have applied the note for Rollout Manager and that remove idd some error I have encoutered.

The other notes where helpfull as well.

Do you have any experience with multiple Rollout managers? Or do have some more details/info?

Thx again

Kind regards

Ab

0 Kudos

Hi Ab

I am not really sure what exact info you are looking for.

You can also have a look at this blog which might be helpful:

/people/graham.ward2/blog/2005/08/09/the-need-for-speed-150-use-of-the-rollout-manager-for-fast-msa-deployment

Thank you

Best Regards

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Many thx for your info, The blog I have come accross it a year ago as well, but this is a little bit out dated as you know.

But will keep on testing with ROM to see what happens.

Thx again for you pointers on the notes you have send.

Kind Regards

Ab

Answers (0)