cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects 4.0: Granting approval without waiting for individual approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible for the project manager to grant approval, directly after beginning approval, without waiting for the individual approval. I've checked the phase type settings and there isn't a setting that explicitly allows this, however, I remember it was possible in cProjects 3.1 (depending on phase type setting). Has this changed in 4.0?

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Project Manager can cancel the approval and start things all over again. However, if there are decision makers assigned, only when the decision makers have approved, can the Project Manager approve the Phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would require is for the project manager to create an approval, assign decision makers, begin approval and thereafter approve the phase even if the individual approvers have not made a decision. We implemented this scenario in my last project on cProjects 3.1, so it was possible.

The business scenario was, the approvers might be travelling or on holiday or for whatever reason not able to access the system to "click the button". The PM can then obtain approval over the phone and proceed without delaying the project. Of course the discussion did come up where projects that shouldn't go ahead might go through, however, it was decided that the PM would be responsible enough not to do that and system need not enforce it (which might not work for every company).

Anyway, just want confirmation that this is no longer possible in 4.0. How about 4.5?

Thanks,

Lashan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appears this requirement is not possible in 4.0