cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text rotation on a distributed report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've recently encountered a problem with a report that was put on an Windows Server 2003 IIS web site. When run locally all is fine (XP) but when run from the server under ASP.NET all headings that have been rotated 90 degrees is not rotated.

The font used is Arial 6 point and I have tried setting the report to not use a printer. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally, as a user, I consider this a 'bug' and would expect some type of bug fix. If the designer features can be implemented in Java but not DHTML, then why have DHTML to begin with? I would naturally expect the designer features to roll out to any distribution environment and if that distribution environment is not fully supported, I think every user would like to know that before building solutions that don't work as intended.

For now my solution to this 'bug' is to edit my reports and return the text orientation to normal for any text on a report. Interesting that the text on a graph can be rotated.

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our graphs are output as graphic files (png). So it doesn't fall under the same rules as rotating text 90 degrees. I understand your frustration with this issue.

I wish the DHTML viewer rendered everything exactly the same way as the Crystal designer does too. Our developers are aware of the issue and it is tracked in our database but I don't know when or if it will be fixed.

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Here is a potential work around you can look at:

A solution to Rotate Text in DHTML viewer:

Create a JavaScript class in the HTML code of your webform.

<style type="text/css">

.verticaltext

</style>

In the report designer, right-click on the field you wish to rotate and select u201CFormatu2026u201D

On the u201CCommonu201D tab of the Format Editor dialog, enter the CSS Class Name, u201Cverticaltextu201D

Bind the report to the viewer and the text for the field should appear rotated.

Limitations:

Borders on the field do not work

Could not get Tops pointing left

Background, borders etc must be specified in the class, not in the Formatting of the field.

Best Regards,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a known issue and documented in note 1215907. The article was written for InfoView issues but still applies to the .NET CrystalReportViewer.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal Reports 2008. Does the Crystal Reports ActiveX control use DHTML? In looking at the web page source code, all I coud see was javascript where Crystal was being used.

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

I'm curious why you are bringing up the ActiveX viewer? You mentioned that you are using ASP.NET and Crystal Reports 2008. The default viewer you would use in this scenario is the CrystalReportViewer control which renders the report as DHTML. The ActiveX viewer was used with the RDC and we discontinued the RDC in Crystal Reports 2008.

I believe you will be subject to the text rotation issues in your scenario.