Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement to "print" action

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When user presses a "print" button in any transaction, I'd like to be able to do something about it programatically (e.g. create an entry in Z table which records all print attempts). I don't know is there a way to achieve this, but I had in mind several options:

1) A special device type, which would run code instead of just printing.

2) Any kind of enhancement (user-exit, CMOD function, BADI) which would catch the print action

Is there anything?

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, whenever we try to generate a spool, system calls the function module PRINT_REPORT.

I have tried to find out some user exit / enhancement / BADI but didn't find any.

You might think of implmenting enhancement spot (if you are in ECC6.0) in this FM to store that attampt into the Ztable.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Naimesh,

That's an excellent suggestion! It could also be user's conscious will to "send print" somewhere else except to spool. Can it be a special device (intead of classic output device)?

Igor

0 Kudos

I know that we can set up the logical printer which can generate the PDF print and save it to some defined space instead of printing. But I am not sure will it be possible to run the any program to make the spool data avaliable.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel