cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Eclipse plugin and CR XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a software requirement in which I need to support both internal (CR Eclipse plugin using the report viewer, not sure what the real name of this is) along with external (CR XI server) reporting. In other words, I should be able to display a report (.rpt) that exists on my local app server along with one that exists on the CR XI server. My question is this:

So I have both sets of jar libraries (eclipse plugin and XI server) and I see that some of the them are overlapping (some of the jars have the same name). For the ones that overlap, should I choose the ecilipse plugin or XI server ones...?

One example I found is that the eclipse plugin rasapp.jar contains the POJOResultSetHelper class whereas the rasapp.jar from the XI server does not. In this case, I presume I should use the eclipse version, right?

Thanks for your help!

Louis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The in-process RAS SDK contained within Crystal Reports for Eclipse is currently forked from RAS server.

Not recommended or tested here to go against CR Server or BusinessObjects Enterprise with the CR4E JRC jars.

I've seen cases where someone unintentionally introduced CR4E jars into their RAS app, and it broke the app badly.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Louis,

-If you are using latest version of CR Eclipse plugin using the report viewer,then I would recommend going for JAR files of this eclipse plugin than that of CR XI Server.

-The only reason being Eclipse plugin will give you most updated JAR files.

-Before using JAR files from Eclipse plugin, I would suggest you to update your present JAR files to latest available JAR files.

This can be done through Eclipse using update option.

And once you update them, you can use those JARs.

Thanks,

Chinmay