cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of wages per each job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here, through the legacy system, the client could able to get the total wages of the employee by computing in an hourly manner with overtime at a premium rate and at the same time, through time booking against the jobs(each job is treated as internal order in SAP), the wages were also computed against each order.

Further, this information of wages incurred against each job is being uploaded into SAP system for monitoring the profitability of each job(internal Order). Now, this process needs to be mapped in SAP HR and Controlling. I hope that I have described the scenario clearly. Here, the wages of each employee is bifurcated against each job. But this kind of micro allocation cannot be entertained in Controlling. We can pool all the wages in particular Cost Center and shall be allocated to the respective Internal Order on the basis of labour hours expended on each job(internal Order). But Client is not happy about this and they want to stick to their earlier process of getting employee wise wage bifurcation per se job.

Anybody faced such kind of scenario and it is highly appreciated, if they come forward to share their experience how they met the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My fellow HR brother helped me to know more about CATS and its integration with HR.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could do the same thing in the new system. You could book the wage types againts internal orders using Cross Applicaton Timesheet. Using CATS you need to enter the wages only once, and the system will post the data both to HR time management as well as controlling.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate answer.

Yes We are going to use CATS, but skeptical whether wages will get posted to the master cost center as well as the statistical cost center. We have configured to CATS to post labour hours into Internal Order but it will not meet our requirement of posting wages as well to the statistical internal order. Will you be kind enough to elaborate how to customize the CATS to meet this requirement?

Regards,

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, It is possible I have not understood your question well. It is still not clear to me why you have a problem.

We have used similar mechanism to post wages to Controlling. Times are entered against internal order as well as receiving cost centre. The internal order is treated as a statistical internal order.Activty type is maintained in IT 0315 TimeSheets defaults for employee. The required times get posted to both controlling and HR. A costing amount gets calculated by using the rate for the ACtivity type. Must confess I am not frightfully well up on the Controlling side of things, but I have been told by my counterparts in FI/CO that the above gets the job done.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our requirement. we can not use the activity type since the employees are being paid different salaries and hence the hourly rate differs and they are entitled to work overtime and for overtime, they shall be paid premium rate. Hence, through the entry of hours, the system should pick up only the calculated hourly rate and post the costs to both the master cost center which is assigned to the employee as well as the statistical IO also. Hence, we need to customize the CATS to a maximum extent.

It is highly appreciated, if anybody can say whether it is possible or not through CATS or through any other functionality in SAP HR and then share his/her experience so as to support us to meet the requirement. I think now it is clear.

Regards,

Edited by: Ashok Singh on Oct 2, 2008 10:27 PM