Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trying to switch a report to a "DSN less" connection

I have some reports that use DSNs. We are going to be calling these reports from some .Net apps and I am trying to switch them to a "connection string" (DSN less) type connection.

The only reports I am having issues with are ones that use a "SQL command" (and happen to call a stored procedure). When I click "Set Datasource Location" and choose "Add Command" in the bottom window, then add the exec to the sp and all the parameters and save it, nothing happens.

If I just go into the Database Expert and add a new command (same as the old one, just via cnnection string instead of DSN) it creates a NEW command callled "command_1" and all the report fields are already tied to the old "command".

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Former Member
Former Member replied

It saves me time because I spend a lot of time formatting my reports. It also keeps me from having to look in all of the other areas such as Groups, Selections or even other formulas. It keeps me from forgetting the "one" field that throws a wrench in the works.

As far as a product guide. I don't know of anything out there that gives a list of product versions. I do know that CR 2008 is the latest version of CR. I couldn't tell you, for example, the difference between Crystal Reports Server and Business Objects Enterprise.

I agree that they have things very convoluted. I think they keep it that way on purpose so that you have to contact them, so they can sell you more crap.

This link will give you a list of all BO products but not necessarily in any kind of order.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-downloads]

Jason

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question