cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see System DSN in Crystal Reports 2008 on Vista/Windows 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been making quite a bit of progress in switching migrating our Crystal Reports 8.0 reports and apps to Crystal Reports 2008 on our Windows 2008 server, but am currently stuck on a DSN issue that I hope someone here can help me out with.

When I go to select a new ODBC data source in Crystal Reports 2008, the only ODBC data sources that show up in the list are User DSNs. These reports will be served via our intranet website, so I need to use System DSNs. The same is true on both my development computer running 64-bit Vista and the production server running Windows Server 2008.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (C#) for development along with Crystal Reports 2008 (not the Crystal Reports Basic that comes with Visual Studio).

How can I use a System DSN? Any help or advice will be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul;

The first thing to check is to ensure you are creating a 32 bit ODBC DSN, and not a 64 bit one. Crystal Reports 2008 is 32 bit only.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=381384&SiteID=1

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I didn't see a 32-bit ODBC option in the Control Panel or I would have tried that. And, obviously, didn't think of it to go looking for it, but I've found it now. Thank you, thank you!

Answers (0)