cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please install SP1 before posting!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

recently I was investigating many problems reported by customers, and most of them were related to the fact that people did not have SP1 installed. So, if you have a problem, please first install SP1 and check if you still see the problem. You can download SP1 here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007532212008E/cx2008_sp1.zip

Please find your keycode, as the installer will ask for it; then uninstall Xcelsius through Control Panel/Add and Remove programs, and install SP1. You can check if you have SP1 installed by checking the build number in Help->About Xcelsius. The build number for SP1 is 247.

Best regards,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I'm still having problems with SP1. The worst of it, is that the solution just seems too unstable, and I've seen it crash several times without as much as an error.

It throws a lot of warnings regarding Live Office which it should be supporting without "Xcelsius is now running in compatibility mode, run at your own risk" kind of message. Is this a BO application, or just a standalone component that happens to belong to BO?

Right now I can't recommend it to any of my clients, even after SP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

you don't need to work in the Live Office compatibility mode if you are not using Live Office features. Go to menu File->Preferences->Excel and uncheck "Live Office compatibility" checkbox, then restart the application.

I am not familiar with "Run on your own risk" type of message. What does it exactly say? I have never seen it.

If after unchecking the live office compatibility checkbox you are still getting strange messages, probably something is wrong with your installation and you better reinstall the product.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many of the issues that forum posters typically have were resolved with the release of SP1, that is why we recommend downloading SP1 prior to posting.

In regards to Live Office, Xcelsius and Live Office are two separate applications. We have integrated some of the functionality of Live Office into the embedded spreadsheet of Xcelsius. For the full feature set of Live Office, it is recommended to use Live Office outside of Xcelsius. You can then bring your spreadsheet with Live Office objects into Xcelsius. This is the recommended practice in both the Xcelsius documentation and the Live Office documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bumping to top of forum

Edited by: Amy Williams on Oct 3, 2008 12:35 PM

Edited by: Amy Williams on Oct 7, 2008 12:40 PM