Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Flows

pras_chatterjee
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In order to use the BPF one must make use of the Owner and Reviewer Property within the Entity Dimension. However, to each BPF we add USERS or GROUP. I was wondering what the relation was between the User/Groups we add and those who review something as part of the process. In a simple BPF, the setup would be that there are two Users:

- UserA (Owner)

- UserB (Reviewer)

I'm assuming that UserA as part of the BPF can be setup to input data in a particular template and change the Step to "Completed". UserB would then be setup to review the data via another report. UserB would at that time be able to set the Step to "Reviewed". If UserB reviews and is not happy, is there a way to "reject" and send it back to UserA? Also can we have more than 1 reviewer for a particular entity, as in can we have a UserC also review the same entity as a third step?

Is UserA and UserB owner/reviewer status driven off the property from the Entity dimension?

Thanks,

Pras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pras,

>Users or Groups we add for each BPF are the users who can access the BPF.

>Owner or Reviewer of Entities should be part of these users to access the BPF and complete a step.

>Reviwer can accept or reject the step.When step is rejected, its status will be changed from completed to uncomplete and user A may make changes and submit it again.

>There can be any number of reviwers i guess. A comma seperated list of user list in reviwer property should do.But I havent tried this.

>And the reviewer status is driven off by property from the drive dimension selected while defining BPF. In generall it is entity, but can be any dimension in which the reviwer property is defined.

Kranthi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pras,

1) Since Entity dimension has reviewer property we use it as drive dimension.

2) In BPF, we define a user as Owner. This user will be notified when a step is completed.

3) In BPF, we set access to users/teams. Users not specified in this step will not see the BPF on their Action panes.

Coming back to your query whether there can be two reviewers to a single task, i think you can meet this requirement by creating additional steps for review. You can combine Work states with the BPC steps and meet the requirement.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula