Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job error .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one Z-program and when we run the program as a background job, though the batch is successfully completed, the Billing block ( va02 --> GOto --> header --> Billing --> Billing block ) value aginast it is not removed.

However when I run the same program in foreground in se38,the Billing block value is removed.

May some body suggest me what could be the problem ?

THANKS IN ADV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not supposed to do any code change now and however i need to tell why Billing block value is not removed in bgground.

Could you please tell/explain clearly about debugging the background job with steps ?

I never debugg the background job ? itwoudl be a great help to know hwo to debugg the background job ... so That I will debugg and check.

THANKS IN ADV.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, we faced a similar issue. So what we did is debugged the issue in dev system (You can debug any program in background by inserting a infinite loop and then goto SM66 and debug it). Let me know if its helps.

Regards,

Raman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are using BDC for this, try to use the BAPI, BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE and see.

regards,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not supposed to do any code change now and however i need to tell why Billing block value is not removed in bgground.

Could you please tell/explain clearly about debugging the background job with steps ?

I never debugg the background job ? itwoudl be a great help to know hwo to debugg the background job ... so That I will debugg and check.

THANKS IN ADV.

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Firstly, try looking for "sy-batch" in your Z program to see if there is any seperate logic when the program is executed background.

And to debug bg job without program change

Goto SM37 , choose the job you want to debug, type JDBG in the command line and hit enter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpitha,

Iam facing the problem.

There is no sy-batch in my program ( so no different logic for bgground jobs ).

I am executing the program by executing the tcode of the program, so that selection sreen appears .. there i am executing in backgound like : program --> execute in background. After that if I go and see in sm37 , the job is appearing as 'Finished'.

Still can I debugg by typing JDBG in the command line and hit enter ?

I am not able to trace the problem . How can I tace the exact problem ?

In background the field is not clearing, where as if we run the program in for ground the field is getting cleared.Please help me .

0 Kudos

Sam,

Are you using any standard Function modules, might be the behaviour of these FM is different when executed background.Sometimes the "sy-batch" usage in the functon modules will not get reflected in the Control-F of the main program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, we faced a similar issue. So what we did is debugged the issue in dev system (

You can debug any program in background by inserting a infinite loop and then goto SM66 and debug it

). Let me know if its helps

Could you please help me how can I put insert a infinite loop and then I debugg in SM66 ? I really did not get you ?

Could you please explain detail.....