cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send to SAP - SAP notification number missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I'm using transaction slfn with action profile AI_SDK_STANDARD the process I'm following is this one.

1. create message

2. set processing status to "Sent to SAP"

3. Under actions, select "Update SAP message"

When I try to save the message then this error appears "SAP notification number missing. Not possible to access SAP notification"

I've applied notes 1084744 (manual) and 1023598, how can I know the implementation worked?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Maria Valdes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. create message

> 2. set processing status to "Sent to SAP"

> 3. Under actions, select "Update SAP message"

> When I try to save the message then this error appears "SAP notification number missing. Not possible to access SAP notification"

Hi Maria,

Instead of action "Update SAP message", you need to choose "Sent message to SAP" (and insert a text "Information for SAP") to send the message to SAP Support.

"Update SAP message" retrieves an update from SAP Support. This is done in general by report RNOTIFUPDATE01 scheduled as a background job.

Regards, Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried that but the only actions I have are E-mail to message creator (Mail), Print message (Print) and Customer Connection via SAP Service Back, that's why I tried using the Status Sent to SAP but it's not working.

I'm using Incident Management if that information is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, solved its?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you need to check if the s-USER is valid.

Best regards,

Blake Le

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

Actually you don't set the status to Sent to SAP. The action does that for you. Did you use the action to Send it to SAP?

You also need to fill in some text for the Text Type "Information for SAP".

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

you have to wait for SAP to send you a response I think. Did you get the email and have they updated your ticket? You have to send it with SAP Component SV-SMG-SUP-TST for that to happen quickly. It usually comes back a few hours after sending.

regards,

Jason