cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vs2003 to vs2005 vb.net project port, error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I converted an old vb application from 2003 to 2005. I also ran the msi file that installs the version 9 crystal report dlls.

When I try to display a report, I get the following error

bold

The base class includes the field 'CrystalReportViewer1', but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer).

bold

I did a google search and found one response where the user ran the ProjectMigrator.exe program from a CrystalReport folder. Anyhow I did a search on my machine and do not seem to have this file.

Currently on the machine is both CR Developer, product type= full, product version = 9.2.2.693

as well as

Crystal Reports AAC60-G0CSA4B-V7000AY

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005.

thanks! Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Crystal Reports 9 is not Compatible with Visual Studio 2005.

So installing the CR 9 msi will not help here.

You need to upgrade your reports to CR bundled with vs 2005(CR 10.2) by opening the reports in Visual Studio 2005 and Saving them.

Also you need to change the references from CR 9.2 which is full product to CR 10.2 which comes bundled with VS 2005.

Thanks,

Prasad Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the quick response. So to reference the newer version do I just change the assembly version in the web.config file?

Version=9.2.3300.0

to Version=10.2.3600.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes you need to change the references to 10.2 and rebuild the application.

Also if that didnt help then try to delete the existing viewer and add new crystal report viewer control to the application.

Thanks,

Prasad Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks changed the reference and resaved all the reports but still getting the error so will try deleting the current reportviewer control and replacing it with the new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I deleted old crystal report viewer, put new control on form,

and noticed the control appeared with the error, error creating control CrystalReportViewer1, duplicate component name

I also am getting the runtime error

run time error

BC30560: 'CrystalReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.Web'.

when I try to run the report.

Thanks Paul.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before doing the following, remove the viewer from the form. then, go to the Toolbox in the .NET 2005 IDE. Right click on an unused space inthe toolbox and from the pop-up menu select "Choose Items..."

Find the CrystalReportViewer that has a check mark next to it - I think you will have one of version 9.x. Remove the check mark. Find the CrystalReportViewer of version 10.2.3300, place a check mark there (you may want to do this for both .windows.forms and .web viewers.

Now add the viewer on the form.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the additional response. it works! also I was still referencing version 9 on some of the assemblies.

Answers (0)