Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BOM, BOM, BOM - who should we BOM next ?

This is a serious question. I just posted it with the weird title for those who are following the US presidential elections, and the stupid little song that McCain sang about bombing Iran.

Here's the question.

Does SAP allow any way to change the valid-to date at the BOM header level itself? This field is not open for input in CS02, so if you use the "edit"

And if you look at the "MaterialBOM.Edit" method of BUS1080, it simply makes refernece to CS02. So if this means that SAP wants customers to write BDCs to edit BOM's, then this approach won't allow change of valid-to because CS02 doesn't allow this on-line.

Any responses to this question would be appreciated. I personally think the client requirement here is probably "out of line" with SAP's view of the world, because when you do a delete in CS02, rows are PHYSICALLY deleted from STKO, not logically deleted. And this tells me that SAP doesn't want 'inactive"

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi David,

The Note 81868 mentions that the BOM cannot be deleted with the same change number that was used for creation..

I believe you can use another change number (different from the one used for creating BOM) to delete the BOM.

Thanks

Naren

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question