cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient permission to access server ActivePortal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I keep seeing this on and off on our servers, but cannot find a reason.

it pops up 3 -4 times and then I don't see it for weeks.

Anybody has any guess for me to hunt it down??

2008-10-01 03:25:39,649 [ServletExec: request: time=1222831539649, uri=/Lighthammer/Illuminator] ERROR ErrorHandler - Insufficient permission to access server ActivePortal

com.lighthammer.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Insufficient permission to access server ActivePortal

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

Well, the error itself simply means that someone tried to run a query against the ActivePortal, but does not belong to a Role that is mapped to this data source.

A before B, C, D, so perhaps this data server is first in your list when you do: "/Lighthammer/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=ServerList"

If someone went into the TemplateEditor and selected this in the list it would run a ModeList query to populate the choices, which would constitue a query, and therefore the no permission error.

If would also happen if you've enabled the Metric\Alert Services section in your menu by mapping Role(s) to this service, then someone clicked on one of the web pages that uses "ActivePortal" behind an iGrid/iBrowser applet.

If you add the 'Everyone' Role to this Data Server the error should go away, but if you are really adventurous, then with the General Log set to 'Informational' you should see user session information in the same section as the fatal error.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

Now I know what to look for

Andy

Answers (0)