Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Asset accounting with out subledger concept

Dear All,

My client is US based ,headquarted in Chicago, We are rollingout SAP for other countries.I have one concern in this regard, while we meet business team of the Rollling country thay said they dont have many assets and currently they are runing depreciation manually in spread sheet.

Now Iam just thinking is there any way to meet same requiremnt in SAP without implementing Asset Sub ledger concept.I have one more concern also ,in that case how can I capture depreciation..could u any advise with out configuring Asset Subledge can we able to maintain Asset Accounting in SAP, if so how can I gohead.

Thanks in Advance

Ram

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ram,

You have SAP with a lot of different methods to calculate depreciaton there should be no reason to do it manual. When you do this in EXCEL it is complete uncontroled. When you take over the values in SAP and let calculate SAP the depreciation then you see all the wrong depreciations they made in the past!!

An other option is to use manual depreciation in SAP. Make from the depreciation in EXCEL an extract and upload these values monthly in SAP. Perhaps do this only for the old assets and the new asset let calculate by SAP.

Paul

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question