Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am trying to copy an existing table and creating a new Ztable but when I did that and tried to display the data from the new table it throwed a message " No entries found for a specific key", so can you please tell me what's the problem with that.

Thanks

Rajeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you copy tables it only copies fields and properties of that table..it dont copies records of that table.

if you want to maintain records in the table goto SM30 table maintenance generator and create your own entries.

Thanks,

Sree.

6 REPLIES 6

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You only copied the structure to a new ZTABLE, but the entries won't be in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

You cannot copy table entries even though you copy the table,

it will copy only the overlay of the table.

If you want to copy the table entries use any cross application component and carry on.

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you copy tables it only copies fields and properties of that table..it dont copies records of that table.

if you want to maintain records in the table goto SM30 table maintenance generator and create your own entries.

Thanks,

Sree.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply, I have a small doubt will it be the same when I try to copy a ztable also?

0 Kudos

it will be the same, you can only copy the 'structure' but not the data in it.

0 Kudos

Thanks !!!!