Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format RFC communication

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I already posted this question in another forum, however, the answer was not quite 100% satisfying. That's why I want to try my luck here.

We're doing RFC calls between our SAP CRM system and an external application (non SAP). We had a discussion about the actual format of the RFC's. One person said the format is XML, while in my opinion it's not. But suppose I'm right, than what is the actual format? It's not EDIFACT, (flat) file etc., but....The communication is done via RFC libraries, and for 'all' sorts of platforms there are different libraries (correct me if I'm wrong). But, still, I don't know anything about the format (if any at all).

When I look at the gateway, we can see some hexadecimal data, but I quite positive that this only the gateway logging format and not the RFC format. Anyone who can shed some light on this......anyone at all.

Kind regards,

Micky.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this will help "The RFC call to Windows follows the OLE standard, while UNIX is connected via TCP/IP RFC which is a standard in all TCP-compliant systems." Got it from the link: Link: [RFC|http://logosworld.de/www3/cookbooks/rfc/comm_40_rfcexec/docu.htm].

Finding the exact definition of RFC Protocol would give better results.

Regards,

Sai

Edited by: Sai Santosh on Jul 7, 2009 2:43 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this will help "The RFC call to Windows follows the OLE standard, while UNIX is connected via TCP/IP RFC which is a standard in all TCP-compliant systems." Got it from the link: Link: [RFC|http://logosworld.de/www3/cookbooks/rfc/comm_40_rfcexec/docu.htm].

Finding the exact definition of RFC Protocol would give better results.

Regards,

Sai

Edited by: Sai Santosh on Jul 7, 2009 2:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

What i can think of id BAPI. You can wrap the RFC in the BAPI and expose the business object method. This method can be adapted by the non-SAP application using OO technique (via C++ or any OO concept).

Regards,

George