cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Identification of Developer, Tester, Production Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I work with ChaRM and Work Center and have the following problem.

When the change request and e.g. urgent corretion are created, how do the appropriate developer, tester, IT Operator recognized?

I have assigned each of them the appropriate CHARM-roles (e.g. "SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP").

Although when the developer is log on to SOLMAN (tcode SOLMAN_WORKCENTER) no new approved urgent changes are visible there.

Question:

Should the Change Manager each time assign in urgent correction who is Developer, Tester, etc. or does this process works automatically?

If yes, what are the actions to do this?

Thank you very much!

regards

H. Thomasson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends

You can either have the change manager assign them each time or you can have an access sequence assign them.

Access sequences can be done in various ways. You could use something like how the service desk support teams are assigned (based on the fields filled out in the change request and an org structure). You could do something like how the service desk sold-to-party is assigned (based on the assigned ibase business partner), or you could use one of the other many ways. Look at the access sequence notes or find a CRM person if you need detailed help.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thank you very much.

The question was also regarding working with Work Center. What I do not understand:

when I aasign the ChaRM role "Developer" why the developer do not see the message via Work Center. She/he can see the messages via CRM Monitor....

Could you please tell me what is the standard in this approach:

- access sequence or

- Change Manager manually feel each time the data?

Thank you very much!

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard approach is the Change Manager fills it in. The custom way is with access sequences.

Not sure about your work center question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I guess you have solved it. If not, for a user with charm developer role can see the message from the workcenter, the change documents for instance SDHF, must be associated the partner developer. The same apply with the other roles (tester it operator etc).

Open the document from CRM Monitor, and then select "transaction data". Inside it go to partners and in function developer put the business partner of the developer. Now you can see on the workcenter.

I hope you will be useful.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel