cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workset Map Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Freiends,

Do we have any document in SDN for Workset Map Iview creation?

I searched in sdn...but no luck.

Thanks,

/padmanaban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your reply. I already read these. I am searching some thing related to how to guide and sdn forum's document.

thanks.

/padmanaban

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was really a tricky one for me. I am able to do this.

I will preapare any document or create a wiki on this.

thanks.

Padmanaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating document/wiki,post link here !!

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmanaban,

Can you please share the apprioach used to change the layout of the wokset Map Iview

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmanaban,

I believe that you must have seen all the help.sap documents for the Workset Map Iview. Thus I will not repeat those. Pls find below some threads which could help you, I hope in any way possible to your question.

1) Purpose of workset map iView?

2) Using Workset Maps

3) How to customize layout of Workset map iView?

Possible useful documents

1) How to Upload and Adapt ERP Roles to SAP Enterprise Portal (NW2004): See page 10 onwards about Workset Map

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f1cbe7ee-0901-0010-12b9-e6c74d94...

As you have said, there are limited threads, blogs or docuements like pdf on Workset Map. The above are all I can find and could be of some help to you (I hope).

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions..

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this...

Workset Map iView

To create a workset map iView follow the below process:

1) Create the Workset

2) Attach all content (worksets, pages, or iViews) to the workset

3) Attach the workset to the object within the hierarchy to which the page containing the workset map iView will be attached

4) Create the Workset Map iView

a. Select New  iView

b. Select u201CiView Templateu201D

c. Select the template named u201CWorkset Map iViewu201D

d. Enter Name, Id, and Prefix

e. Open iView for Editing and the u201CRelative Workset Locationu201D Property. This property must be set in the following format: levelsup=n;pathlist={xx,yy,zzu2026.}. The attributes should be set as following:

i. The n value for levelsup should be set the number of levels to go up the hierarchy to find the workset

ii. The pathlist should be set to a comma delimited list of ids of the worksets to display in the workset map iView. The id must be in the formation namespace.id. For example, com.xyz.srm.cwtb.correct_way_to_buy.

5) Create a page

6) Attach the Workset Map iView to the Page

7) Attach the page to the an object within the role which contains the workset that you want to display in the workset map

To change the picture associated with an object within a workset map, change the u201CWorkset Map Pictogramu201D property on the relevant object within the workset. To add a description to the object within the workset map, change the relevant objectu2019s description property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this...

Workset Map iView

To create a workset map iView follow the below process:

1) Create the Workset

2) Attach all content (worksets, pages, or iViews) to the workset

3) Attach the workset to the object within the hierarchy to which the page containing the workset map iView will be attached

4) Create the Workset Map iView

a. Select New  iView

b. Select u201CiView Templateu201D

c. Select the template named u201CWorkset Map iViewu201D

d. Enter Name, Id, and Prefix

e. Open iView for Editing and the u201CRelative Workset Locationu201D Property. This property must be set in the following format: levelsup=n;pathlist={xx,yy,zzu2026.}. The attributes should be set as following:

i. The n value for levelsup should be set the number of levels to go up the hierarchy to find the workset

ii. The pathlist should be set to a comma delimited list of ids of the worksets to display in the workset map iView. The id must be in the formation namespace.id. For example, com.xyz.srm.cwtb.correct_way_to_buy.

5) Create a page

6) Attach the Workset Map iView to the Page

7) Attach the page to the an object within the role which contains the workset that you want to display in the workset map

To change the picture associated with an object within a workset map, change the u201CWorkset Map Pictogramu201D property on the relevant object within the workset. To add a description to the object within the workset map, change the relevant objectu2019s description property.

Edited by: FRANK OBER on Oct 2, 2008 2:03 AM