Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order item

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

mine is a make to order strategy.

so my production is triggered by the sales order.

if my sales order is having two items.

do i know that any where in my production order.

in the production order general screen.

we can see my sales order number and the line item no.

but i want to know how many of that line items are there in my sales order.

because mine is a seed company. so order will be two or three different boxes for one single customer.

so they will club all the three boxes and post them to the customer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepu,

This is not typically a production problem. One normally does not expect the manufacturing group to need information to help them make decisions that are only relevant for picking and packing of the Sales Order.

If you want all items the Sales order to be shipped together, you can make SD settings to cause this happen. Manufacturing normally just works to dates and quantities carried in the Production orders.

Actually, if you are in the seed industry, I wonder why your are using production orders at all. Don't you normally grow seeds in a field; months ahead of the entry of the Sales Order? Or are you repackaging these from bulk stocks?

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the production order is created wrt a saled order then you can see the SO with item no in the order. Just open the order goto assignment data tab, u will find the SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way would be...to look in the sames order (VA03) if you know the order number.

Or in COOIS/COID transaction give the sales order number as an input and it will show you all the production/process order created for that sales order irrespective of the sales order item number.

Regards,