cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed To Connect To SBOCommon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently started to attempt an integration from a business app into SAP Business One using the SDK. I can create the com objects and set the connection values, but when I attempt to connect I receive "Failed To Connect To SBOCommon" which is error 111. When I run the basic operations sample from the SDK I receive the same issue.

The SQL Server database is there and the credentials that I pass should be good. I can connect to the database using an ODBC driver and so I don't believe that it is a permissions issue. Am I missing a licencing component?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Trevor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have some more light to shed on the matter. I set up a line by line test of my connection code and set every property on the company object that made sense. When I ran it on the client's server it complained that the MSSQL2005 database type is not supported. When I set it to MSSQL it stopped complaining, but I get the failed to connect message. Anyone know if MSSQL2005 is supported?

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the database type MSSQL & MSSQL2005 are usable for both: SBO2005 & SBO2007.

i had only problems in past using the old 2004 DIAPI Reference, because in SBO 2004

MSSQL2005 was not supported.

re-add the DIAPI reference in your project / addon.

lg David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

i have your same issue connecting to the sap company database.

i'm using DI API 2005 and MSSQL 2005.

below my code:

oCompany.Server = "MSIE7";

oCompany.CompanyDB = "SBODemo_IT";

oCompany.UserName = "manager";

oCompany.Password = "manager";

oCompany.language = SAPbobsCOM.BoSuppLangs.ln_Italian;

oCompany.DbServerType = SAPbobsCOM.BoDataServerTypes.dst_MSSQL2005;

oCompany.UseTrusted = true;

lRetCode = oCompany.Connect();

i get lRetCode = -111

have you solved this issue?

thanks in advance

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there any resolution to this problem? i have tried connecting using asp.net and i've set the DbServerType to 4 but i'm still getting an "111- failed to connect to SBO Common error". Please help?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have encountered the same issue and have solved it

companyValue.DbServerType = SAPbobsCOM.BoDataServerTypes.dst_MSSQL2005

this is the key sentence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trever,

Please ensure that SQL Native Client is installed in your working system or not.if not please intall and check for connection.

regards,

varma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys but I still seem to have an issue. The copy of SAP that I'm using is net new and so the the SDK and common database should be in synch as neither have need to be patched yet.

Are you sure that I need to be able to access the license server? According to the reading I have done in the DI API SDK help files and online the company has 5 manuditory fields in order to make a connection and the license sever is not one of them. Incase, do you know how I go about finding the linces server reference and port? I didn't do any of the installation on the server and it may be worth confirming that the license server is running. The services manager does not tell you much at all, but the service seems to be running at the very least.

I can connect to the database using an ODBC connection, but I would much rather go through the SDK so that my solution is supported and should have at least some change protection, which my customer would prefer.

I would post my connection code, but as I'm writing the actual integration in VFP it would likely not prove too helpful. At this point I am simply trying to get the C# sample to run and the basic operation sample is exeriencing the same issue. Also, I copied the connection code from the SDK help file into a new VB project and it failed as well. That is why I suspect that it might be a license or installation issue.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can go from here?

Thanks,

Trevor

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

You definitely need to have the license server running in order to use the DI API. If you don't specify a license server in your code then it will default to port 30000 on the database server (which should be ok if you installed the server tools on the same server as SQL). If you are running any firewall software on the client (eg Microsoft Windows firewall) then try putting an exception in the firewall for port 30000. The SBO user you are using to connect via the DI API must be a licensed user and have a SDK license assigned to the account.

I am assuming that you can log in to SBO using the client software without any issues.

As you are using SQL 2005, have you installed the SQL Native Client on the workstation where you are running your code (this will automatically be installed on the database server but must be installed separately on each workstation)?

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To have connection to database you can use this function below.

Also you can read connection parameters from an database table.

It can be trusted or using db user credentionals.

Regards

Sierdna S.

Private glob_oSqlConn 
Private Function SetSBOConnection(ByRef oSBOCompany As SAPbobsCOM.Company) As Boolean
  Dim b As Boolean = False
  Try
      Dim sDBServer As String = oSBOCompany.Server
      Dim sDBCompany As String = oSBOCompany.CompanyDB
      Dim sDBUser As String = oSBOCompany.DbUserName
      Dim sDBPwd As String = '*******'
      Dim sConnectionString As String = "Server=" & sDBServer & _
			  ";Database=" & sDBCompany & _
			  ";User ID=" & sDBUser & _
			  ";Password=" & sDBPwd & _
			  ";Trusted_Connection=False;"
      glob_oSqlConn = New SqlConnection(sConnectionString)
      glob_oSqlConn.Open()
      b = True
  Catch ex As Exception
    ' log exception
  Finally
    System.GC.Collect() 'Release the handle to the table
  End Try
  Return b
End Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David,

I tried both of those things and the issue is still there at this point. You had suggested that there were additional known causes. Could I prevail upon you to suggest some more?

Thanks again,

Ian

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Are you setting the property to connect to the license server? You need to supply the port number as well as the server name or IP address where the license server is running (eg MYSERVER:30000). If the DI API cannot find the license server then you'll get the error you've mentioned.

Perhaps you could post your connection code as it'll make it easier to spot where the issue is.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Sometimes you will see this error if you don't set the database server type:

oCompany.DbServerType = SAPbobsCOM.BoDataServerTypes.dst_MSSQL2005

I would also suggest trying the variations of the server name (!P address, server domain name)

Failing that, it might be a DI API issue:

1. Locate the Temp folder by going to Start -> Run and type %temp%.

2. Locate the SM_OBS_DLL folder here and delete it.

3. Uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove Programs.

4. Reboot your PC

5. Install the DI API from your current patch. (Download patch, extract it and then browse to Packages\DI API and run setup.exe)

6. Run the Upgrader Common again (From the same patch as above - very important!). Browse to Packages\Upgrader Common and run setup.exe. This will update the SBO-COMMON to this patch level again. You will not lose any data.

This refreshes your DI and ensures you are using the same one as the SBO-COMMON when trying to connect.

Hope this is useful

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this can have several reasons:

1.) you are trying to make a trusted connection

try once .UseTrusted= false

and set also