cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document linking to share drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a newbee in DMS area. I need to attach a document in Plant maintenance notification. I have completed config for the new doc type. however I have some issue.

I have tried two ways to link docs..

1) use cv01n and create a document record with link pointing to share drive having original file. Then open notification and attach this document record to notification. -- works perfect and I can open/ edit document.

2) go to notification and click create document from the DMS link. System is asking for the file location (like attaching the file to outlook message). after selecting the document, system asks for "check in document Kpro -- as which storage category I want to use".

How do I set the storage category so that the document is saved in share drive (not to load SAP server) and document record is created in DMS with link to notification?

thanks for all the help

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

I would assume your CV01N process is working fine.

You can call CV01N transaction from Notification also.

For that you have to do some config from DMS side.

1) Go transaction DC10.

2) Select the document type

3) From left side select the define object link.

4) Double click on notification object.

5) Maintain "2" in the Create Document filed.

So now when ever click create document from the DMS link system will directly transfer you in CV01N screen.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Sunny

Pls award if useful.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are 3 ways of storing documents

one use CV01N and store doicument in share drive - works fine

second - use general object service - this will load SAP server unless a link is stored in GOS

the above 2 methods are if you want to store the documetn on a share drive - this means that any one can change the document, or delete it and you will not know unless you call it again from the PM notification

the third method is to use DMS - use a dedicated server to store documents called storage - this is robust as it controls version, you can only see the document from SAP object - in your case PM notification, also no one can delete it, unless ofcourse the dedicated DMS server is compromised

So I think you should not try setting storage category for shared link - for that use the process that works for you. If you want to implement DMS then it is another issue as you will need to do all the necessary configuration, also ensure conncetivity between SAP and DMS servers etc